What is Nissan Energy Perks by EVgo®?
Nissan Energy Perks by EVgo® is a program offered by Nissan and EVgo that provides buyers or lessees of new MY 2018 or later Nissan LEAF models in participating markets listed below with $250 in complimentary charging1.
I'm already an EVgo customer, do I still qualify for the complimentary charging credits?
Yes! Just activate your Nissan Energy Perks by EVgo® when you receive the activation email from EVgo.
Can I use my $250 in free charging credits at any EV charging station?
Credits can be used on all EVgo networked charging stations. Additionally, EVgo has signed several agreements that will enable roaming access on third party networks like ChargePoint giving drivers access to more than 1,500 fast chargers and more than 29,000 Level 2 chargers across the US3. You must use the EVgo app or, where applicable, your EVgo RFID card to take advantage of the charging credits on these third party networks.
How can I find a qualified charging station to use my EVgo credits?
You can download the EVgo app on your smartphone or find all qualified charging stations (EVgo stations as well as third-party roaming networks) on EVgo's website, www.evgo.com. Your charging credits will be drawn down at the EVgo member rate on any EVgo charger and at walk-up rates at ChargePoint and other third-party network chargers visible in the EVgo app.
How do I receive my $250 in charging credits?
You will receive an activation email from EVgo within the first 30 days of your vehicle purchase, giving you instructions on how to enroll into the program. Once enrolled with an EVgo account, you will receive a credit balance of $250 that can be immediately used at any participating station.
If it has surpassed 30 days, and you have not received your activation email, please call EVgo Customer Service at 855-509-5582 or email NissanEnergyPerks@evgo.com.
How long do I have to use my credits?
Your complimentary credits will expire one year from the purchase or lease date of your vehicle.
How many times can I charge with $250?
Based on the average fast charging session length of 30 minutes, you can expect to receive up to 30 complimentary charging sessions on EVgo fast chargers (more in some markets). Rates on third-party roaming network's chargers will vary. Exact number of charging sessions will vary based on length of sessions and actual rates in each market. Please remember to check the pricing before beginning any charging session on a third-party network charger, which are the responsibility of other charging companies.
What rates apply to the drawdown of the credit amount? Where can I find more information on rates and how much EVgo charging costs?
The Nissan Energy Perks by EVgo® credit will be “drawn down” at our Member rates for customers using EVgo networked chargers. Please see www.evgo.com/charging-plans/ to find rates in your region. This rate is at least 10 percent lower than our standard Pay As You Go Rates.
Rates at other network chargers vary. Please see the EVgo app or website for current rates at our third-party networked chargers. These rates are the responsibility of the third-party network.
Our member rates apply for one year from the Purchase or Lease Date of your vehicle. Should you consume the $250 credit in less than one year, you will continue to be charged at our member rates for the remainder of the year. Rates are subject to change.
Why do I need to put in a credit card number to activate my EVgo account?
Your credit card number is required for any charging activity beyond the $250 free credit allotment. You will only see a transaction if you exceed your $250 credit.
What markets currently support Nissan Energy Perks by EVgo®?
If you purchase or lease your Nissan LEAF at a participating dealer in the following markets after November 1st, 2019, you are eligible for Nissan Energy Perks by EVgo®.
Albuquerque-Santa Fe, NM
Colorado Springs-Pueblo, CO
Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX
Ft. Myers-Naples, FL
Ft. Smith-Fayetteville- Springfield-Rogers, AR
Greenville-Spartanburg-Asheville-Anderson, NC and SC
Hartford-New Haven, CT
Kansas City, MO
Las Vegas, NV
Los Angeles, CA
Miami-Ft. Lauderdale, FL
New York, NY
Orlando-Daytona Beach-Melbourne, FL
Palm Springs, CA
Providence-New Bedford, RI
Salt Lake City, UT
San Diego, CA
San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose, CA
Santa Barbara-San Marino-San Luis Obispo, CA
St. Louis, MO
Tampa-St. Petersburg-Sarasota, FL
Tucson-Sierra Vista, AZ
West Palm Beach-Ft. Pierce, FL
I am having an issue starting a charge, what should I do?
Call EVgo Customer Service at 855-509-5582. They can issue you a remote start for EVgo chargers at no additional cost.
I'm still confused, can I just talk to someone?
Yes, you can always call EVgo Customer Service at 855-509-5582 or email NissanEnergyPerks@evgo.com.
Purchased a vehicle on or before July 7th, 2019? See if you qualified for the No Charge to Charge progam.
Nissan Energy Perks by EVgo® Disclaimers:
- Value of credit. The $250 credit will be applied to EVgo per-minute member rates (plus applicable taxes and fees) on EVgo chargers only. These rates vary by region and can be found at evgo.com/charging-plans. All rates are subject to change. Rates and fees will vary on non-EVgo chargers accessible through the EVgo app. Please see walk-up rates at non-EVgo chargers through the EVgo app prior to initiating a charging session.
At the expiration of the offer (one year from date of purchase/lease), customer will roll over to a Pay As You Go Plan.
- On average, this credit is equivalent to up to 30 free fast charging sessions for the customer, based on an average fast charging session length of 30 minutes on EVgo chargers only and excluding taxes. Number of charging sessions obtainable with the $250 credit will vary based on length of sessions and actual rates in the market. Customers are responsible for any and all charging costs beyond the $250 credit.
- Chargers included. Offer applies to all EVgo network chargers and other networking chargers available through interoperability agreements.
- EVgo: The Nation's Largest Public Fast Charging Network: Largest by total DCFC, CHAdeMO and dual-standard chargers, as well as total number of sites. U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, “Fact of the Week #1052”, October 22, 2018, Alternative Fuels Data Center, Department of Energy, https://afdc.energy.gov/data_download and EVgo internal data. Reliability of 98% uptime rate per EVgo internal research.
- Consumers will only need to sign up for an EVgo account if they are not already an EVgo customer.
- Offer ONLY available to customers who purchased or leased a new Nissan LEAF after November 1, 2019 in the following locations: Albany-Schenectady-Troy, Albuquerque-Santa Fe, Atlanta, Austin, Bakersfield, Baltimore, Boston (Manchester), Burlington-Plattsburgh, Charleston, SC, Charlotte, Chattanooga, Chicago, Chico-Redding, Cincinnati, Cleveland-Akron (Canton), Colorado Springs-Pueblo, Columbia, SC, Columbus, SC, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Denver, Detroit, Eugene, Fresno-Visalia, Ft. Myers-Naples, Ft. Smith-Fay-Sprngdl-Rgr, Greenvll-Spart-Ashevll-And, Harrisburg-Lncstr-Leb-York, Hartford & New Haven, Honolulu, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Knoxville, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madison, Miami-Ft. Lauderdale, Milwaukee, Monterey-Salinas, Nashville, New York, Orlando-Daytona Bch-Melbrn, Palm Springs, Philadelphia, Phoenix (Prescott), Pittsburgh, Portlland, OR, Portland-Auburn, Providence-New Bedford, Raleigh-Durham (Fayetville), Reno, Sacramento-Stockton-Modesto, Salisbury, Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Francisco-Oak-San Jose, SantaBarbra-SanMar-SanLuOb, Seattle-Tacoma, Spokane, Springfield-Holyoke, St. Louis, Tampa-St. Pete (Sarasota), Washington, DC (Hagerstown), West Palm Beach-Ft. Pierce. See Offer Details for further information.
- For existing EVgo customers on the EVgo Membership Plan: Membership Plans will automatically transition to the Nissan Energy Perks by EVgo® Plan on enrollment. Customers monthly membership fees will stop on the date of Nissan Energy Perks by EVgo® Plan activation. After the completion of the Nissan Energy Perks term, customers will need to re-enroll into the Membership Plan.
- This offer applies only to new MY 2018 or later Nissan LEAF and LEAF PLUS vehicles purchased or leased on or after November 1, 2019 in the locations listed here. Fleet customers not eligible. The offer cannot be combined with other offers, is non-transferable, and not redeemable for cash. Customers must register with EVgo within one year and must use credit within one year from purchase/lease date. Customers who return a new vehicle within 30 days of purchase or lease will forfeit their charging credit. Other terms, conditions, and eligibility criteria apply. Visit NissanEnergyPerks.com for details. Public charging stations are third-party owned, not within Nissan's control. Availability of public charging stations not guaranteed. Offer is subject to change at any time and/or is subject to early termination without notice.
View the Nissan Energy Perks terms and conditions.