Senior Director - Demand Planning
EVgo (Nasdaq: EVGO) is the nation’s largest public fast charging network for electric vehicles, and the first to be powered by 100% renewable energy. Our mission is to expedite mass adoption of electric vehicles by creating a convenient, reliable, and affordable EV charging network that delivers fast charging to everyone. EVgo’s owned and operated charging network is growing rapidly, and we’re working to triple our network size by 2025. We partner with multiple stakeholders including automakers; fleet and rideshare operators; retail hosts such as grocery stores, shopping centers, gas stations, and more to make our vision of electric for all a reality. The EV industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the country. Join us as we charge forward into an electrified future.
The Sr. Director Demand Planning will support the company by standing up a Demand Planning Function, across Evgo, reporting into the SVP of Infrastructure & Supply Chain. This individual will work closely with functional groups including Executive Leadership, Supply Chain Operations, Sales, Manufacturing, Finance, and Marketing to drive accurate forecasting for product launches, basic core business and promotional activities for all areas of the business.
This is a key leadership position that will focus on helping stand up, scale and operate the planning function for the company, inclusive of setting up of company wide S&OP and IBP process and tools.
- Develop a fully integrated global demand planning programs on a by SKU and weekly, monthly, quarterly basis and make recommended adjustments to forecasts based on changes in demand and market trends
- Partner with executive management as well as supply chain, operations, sales & marketing, technical and finance stakeholders
- Develop and launch S&OP and IBP process at EVgo
- Drive IBP/ S&OP monthly discipline to deliver business results through orchestration of IBP processes, gap identification and longer-range preventative measures.
- Alignment and integration with CapEx and financial processes.
- Develop, implement, monitor, and report on cross-functional KPIs to ensure effective execution, integration, and performance of IBP process.
- Driving/sustaining change within the organization through stakeholder management and developing/implementing organizational-wide training sessions.
- Develop continuous improvement processes and programs to increase forecast accuracy
- Work across departments to establish department goals and objectives around supply chain parameters such as forecast accuracy, inventory turns, excess and obsolete stock
- Work closely with product management resources to ensure commercialization and launch meet plan, including timing, quality, capacities, cost of sales, start-up costs and inventory levels
- Identify, resolve or escalate trade-offs Identify demand risk and drive to resolution
- Drive in shaping Supply and Demand Planning strategies, prioritizing demand, capabilities, and processes to improve IBP integration and performance.
- Continuously improve the monthly IBP cycle, including timeliness of the demand and supply plan submissions, reduction of cycle-time, robust alignment with financial budgets and projections.
- Grow a team of strong demand planning professionals
Required Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain management or a business related field is required.
- 10+ years of experience in Planning (Forecasting, Supply planning, Supply Chain Optimization, Transportation or production planning)
- 5+ years of specific experience in Finance Planning, Supply Chain or Planning Management including 2 or more years of S&OP/IBP experience
- MBA or a Masters in Supply Chain Management
- Demonstrated leadership through success in leading teams and project initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage change in the organization and to influence others
- Good analytical skills and capable of using models for optimization purposes - Strong project management/process improvement skills
- Proven/excellent verbal and written communication skills
- APICS certification is preferred. Must have understanding of end to end supply chain interactions and interdependencies.
- Prior experience in managing by influence across multiple teams/groups across an organization is required
- Ability to collaborate with different functions, focus on achieving practical business impact and work at both working team and executive levels
- Ability to operate independently and communicate effectively with internal clients, peers and senior managers as well as external suppliers
- Specific experience in the Automotive & EV distribution industry
- In depth knowledge of advanced planning methodology, statistical modeling machine learning and demonstrated experience in developing and deploying planning solutions that meet business needs
- Ability to effectively deal with ambiguity, develop and sometimes invent solutions that may not
Employees are required to provide documentation of COVID 19 vaccination.