Associate, Grant and Proposal Writer
EVgo is the nation’s largest public fast charging network for electric vehicles, and the first to be powered by 100% renewable energy. With more than 850 fast charging locations, EVgo’s owned and operated charging network serves over 60 metropolitan areas across more than 30 states and more than 340,000 customers. Founded in 2010, EVgo leads the way on transportation electrification, partnering with automakers; fleet and rideshare operators; retail hosts such as hotels, shopping centers, gas stations and parking lot operators; and other stakeholders to deploy advanced charging technology to expand network availability and make it easier for drivers across the U.S. to enjoy the benefits of driving an EV. As a charging technology first mover, EVgo works closely with business and government leaders to accelerate the ubiquitous adoption of EVs by providing a reliable and convenient charging experience close to where drivers live, work and play, whether for a daily commute or a commercial fleet.
EVgo’s Grant and Proposal Writer will research, write, and manage the application and proposal management process for grant applications and proposals, requests for information, (RFIs) and requests for proposals (RFQs).
The ideal applicant is skilled at recommending the best tactical approach for securing funding, and identifying and promoting best practices. This role determines our funding requirements project-by-project and collaborates internally to match projects with funding opportunities. In this position, your compelling proposals will demonstrate EVgo’s value to Federal and Local Agency decisionmakers. Strong partnership skills are needed in this role to synergize externally with business partners and internally with EVgo’s teams (e.g., Program Delivery, Market Development, and Public Policy) to deliver grant applications reflecting policymakers’ desired outcomes and our own requirements and processes.
- Research and recommend funding opportunities to pursue.
- Incorporate projected and known funding deadlines into corporate planning.
- Draft and revise high-quality grant proposal applications and supporting documents.
- Coordinate with internal EVgo team members in drafting proposals to ensure consistency in message and equitable distribution of responsibilities.
- Engage with external partners and follow up on the progress of submitted proposals.
- Manage RFI, RFP, and/or RFQ submissions for public partners.
- Curate and Manage an RFI/RFP Repository and associated records.
- Ensure data integrity, including timely and accurate entry of new information
- Stay engaged and for current performance and developments.
- Work with other EVgo team members to ensure funding program requirements are understood and met.
- Build project financial models, including IRR and NPV calculations.
- Produce project and program-specific budgets.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate experience, major in Communications, Marketing, Finance, Business, or a Sustainability related field preferred.
- 2++ years of experience in research, development, and/or grant writing.
- Highly organized and able to track multiple projects at once.
- Successful track record of winning grants and RFPs.
- Strong copywriting skills including proofreading and style consistency.
- Detail-oriented, organized, deadline-driven.
- Clear, precise, and compelling writing skills.
- Able to manage competing priorities and deadlines.
- Advanced Microsoft Office user (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Adept at reviewing, summarizing, and applying new information.
- Exceptional team player who can flourish working in a cooperative environment balanced with being a motivated individual contributor.
- Intellectually curious, with the desire and ability to learn new content and concepts and be able to think creatively.
- Unafraid to ask questions and keep asking to find the right answer.
- Project Management skills coupled with interpersonal, decision-making, problem-solving, and financial skills.
- Salesforce or other CRM, grant, and proposal databases (such as Kindful or Salsa) and RFP monitoring services is preferred.
- Previous experience with proposals related to construction or development is preferred.
- Development and proposal experience from non-profit and non-governmental organizations.
- Experience with transportation or transit agency grantmaking, processes, and decision-making is a plus.
Employees are required to provide documentation of COVID 19 vaccination