Senior Program Manager, Software
EVgo (Nasdaq: EVGO) is the nation’s largest public fast charging network for electric vehicles, and the first to be powered by 100% renewable energy. With more than 800 fast charging locations, EVgo’s owned and operated charging network serves over 68 metropolitan areas across 35 states and more than 310,000 customer accounts. Founded in 2010, EVgo leads the way on transportation electrification, partnering with automakers; fleet and rideshare operators; retail hosts such as hotels, shopping centers, gas stations and parking lot operators; and other stakeholders to deploy advanced charging technology to expand network availability and make it easier for drivers across the U.S. to enjoy the benefits of driving an EV. As a charging technology first mover, EVgo works closely with business and government leaders to accelerate the ubiquitous adoption of EVs by providing a reliable and convenient charging experience close to where drivers live, work and play, whether for a daily commute or a commercial fleet.
We are seeking a Software Program Manager who has solid understanding of the principles of Agile and the knowledge of when to bend them to fit the team and/or scenario. We are seeking an individual who is innovative & creative in problem resolution and has experience overseeing multiple projects concurrently while promoting streamlined project management processes.
You will be a highly organized, self-starter who is proactive in taking ownership of project management tasks & deliverables, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. You will have proven experience delivering product features which span multiple initiatives. You will be part of growing the newly established PMO and work closely with various engineering teams, vendors, accounting, marketing, sales, and the product management team. You will be a strong communicator for daily scrum and sprint reviews and have the interpersonal skills to lead discussions with cross functional teams to execute plans in a timely manner.
- Manage, track, and oversee a list of dependent and interconnected projects of diverse sizes and complexity making sure they are delivered on time, within budget and with quality
- Provide program leadership, anticipate bottlenecks, mitigate risks, and quantify the impact of making tradeoffs
- Support product partners on aligning roadmaps and priorities to ensure timely delivery of the program/initiative goals
- Work with architecture and tech leads to ensure technical challenges and potential roadblocks are identified and represented; Create mitigation plans with the leads and distribute across the team
- Manage program scope, schedule (Project Plans), resource and risks, bringing in leadership as needed
- Measure multiple projects’ performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Perform continuous risk management to minimize project and program risks, and provide recommendations for mitigating risks or delays
- Produce and maintain project plans and monitor project delivery to successfully drive to completion on time and within budget
- Resource capacity planning for projects in partnership with engineering leadership and other departments, as needed
- Identify and lead process improvements through observations and retrospectives (i.e. new strategy, new tools, new process)
- Build effective communication channels with cross-functional teams, service owners, program managers, product owners, and other departments
- Develop dashboards, templates, and advanced filters in JIRA to provide end-users and business stakeholders with meaningful operational and performance metrics and status reports
- Ensure updates, roadmap, milestones, and changes are tracked for assigned program
- Influence continuous improvement of the agile environment by creating processes that enable teams to move quickly and efficiently
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS Degree with an understanding of mobile and web technology (high-level knowledge of Agile development principles in these domains)
- 6+ years of program management experience managing the delivery of software development projects, including feature development timelines, resource management, and process improvement
- Experience driving projects from ideation to execution
- High familiarity with enterprise project management system and product road mapping tools (Confluence, Jira, Miro, Visio, Lucid Charts)
- Knowledge and experience of product roadmap and Agile methodology
- Familiarity with working on a portfolio of projects
- Ability to proactively identify, prioritize, and drive resolution of project issues and risks
- Extensive critical thinking and problem-solving skills (ability to anticipate and resolve bottlenecks)
- Ability to collaborate with engineering and product development leadership and work cross-functionally between teams
- The ability to have foresight into risk management across multiple projects
- Project/Program management certification (PMP, CAPM, CSM, etc.)
Employees are required to provide documentation of COVID 19 vaccination.