Utility Project Engineer (NorCal)
EVgo is the nation’s largest public fast charging network for electric vehicles, and the first to be powered by 100% renewable energy. With more than 850 fast charging locations, EVgo’s owned and operated charging network serves over 60 metropolitan areas across more than 30 states and more than 340,000 customers. Founded in 2010, EVgo leads the way on transportation electrification, partnering with automakers; fleet and rideshare operators; retail hosts such as hotels, shopping centers, gas stations and parking lot operators; and other stakeholders to deploy advanced charging technology to expand network availability and make it easier for drivers across the U.S. to enjoy the benefits of driving an EV. As a charging technology first mover, EVgo works closely with business and government leaders to accelerate the ubiquitous adoption of EVs by providing a reliable and convenient charging experience close to where drivers live, work and play, whether for a daily commute or a commercial fleet.
EVgo is seeking a Utility Project Engineer to manage the process and best practices for all Northern California EVgo projects interconnection activities. The individual will be responsible for managing internal and external resources to ensure that the Utility’s experience is optimized to achieve positive outcomes for EVgo’s development, construction, and ultimately billing endeavors.
The Utility Project Engineer will champion the processes, systems, and interactions for EVgo’s successful collaboration with Utilities. The overarching focus will be to track all utility activities in various stages of development, construction, commissioning, and billing in collaboration with Engineering teams (internal and external), Site Developers, Project Managers, and Accounts Payable as appropriate.
- Provide utility value engineering feedback to ensure quality from the design stage to construction.
- Track the utility lifecycle from development through to operation.
- Understand the technical requirements from Utilities regarding equipment selection, design requirements, construction protocols, contracts, meter scheduling, and billing.
- Champion the EVgo easement process to assist Site Development and Project Management on a timely execution
- Own the system implementation and ongoing tracking of Utility requests in the CRM.
- Establish a standardized approach for EVgo with the various Utilities as it pertains to protocols and interactions.
- Work closely with the Site Development and Project Manager to determine feasibility of a site though internal and external resources.
- Coordinate and provide schedule feedback as it pertains to the utility deliverables.
- Establish and manage the ongoing rapport with the Utilities (including PG&E, Alameda Municipal Power and SMUD), either with direct communication or through other interactions as appropriate to ensure projects are progressing as desired.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5-10 years experience working on PG&E projects
- Utility Field Engineering / Electrical background highly preferred
- Working knowledge of Salesforce or similar type CRM system
- Strong organizational, interpersonal communication and management skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter, friendly personality, and good team player.
- Up to 30% travel within region.
Employees are required to provide documentation of COVID 19 vaccination.