EVgo (Nasdaq: EVGO) is one the largest public fast charging networks for electric vehicles, and the first to be powered by 100% renewable energy. Our mission is to expedite mass adoption of electric vehicles by creating a convenient, reliable, and affordable EV charging network that delivers fast charging to everyone. EVgo’s owned and operated charging network is growing rapidly, and we’re working to triple our network size by 2025. We partner with multiple stakeholders including automakers; fleet and rideshare operators; retail hosts such as grocery stores, shopping centers, gas stations, and more to make our vision of electric for all a reality. The EV industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the country. Join us as we charge forward into an electrified future.
The Field Operations Technician is the first point of contact for technical support of EVgo's EVSEs network. You will work on the team that manages operation, maintenance modification testing and troubleshooting of EVgo network of chargers. EVSE calls are high volume and escalated according to the technical issues. Field Operations also assist with installation partnering cross-functionally.
- Troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment in the field.
- Provide support for hardware and software malfunctions identifying root cause, and implementing the appropriate solution.
- Escalate more complex or specialized service requests and incidents to the relevant teams or department; tracking and ownership to ensure problem resolution.
- Deploy hardware and software understanding business requirements and technology standards.
- Determine and execute tasks to support charger life cycle using accurate reporting.
- Participate in project and installation tasks for accurate operational outcomes.
- Manage vendors to determine status of assigned dispatches and resolution.
- Serve as point of contact, answering emails, telephones and directing tickets to the proper resources.
- Proactive at remove barriers that delay response or repair times.
- Communicate effectively between departments; customer care, marketing, engineering, etc. providing support or routing information.
- Maintain constant visibility to and track tickets communicate with assigned technicians throughout shift.
- Generate reports and update database.
- Observe data Integrity (i.e. data collection, updates and record keeping on Customer/Charger issues, Maintenance, tickets and alerts).
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2-5 years' experience in coordination/dispatch of field resources.
- Two-year college degree, or equivalent, in electronics, computer science, information systems.
- Ability to work flexible shifts; 20% local travel
- Flexibility to be scheduled during all network hours.
- Experience managing, supporting and deploying network infrastructures
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong computer, scientific and organizational skills.
- Outstanding problem-solving, analytical and interpretive skills.
- Skilled at managing multiple projects and set priorities
- Capable of working independently or in a team environment
- Understand NEC and other construction related standards
Employees are required to provide documentation of COVID 19 vaccination.
For positions in California, Colorado, or New York City, you may contact us at JobPostingInquiry@evgo.com for the salary range for this position (include the exact Job Title as it reads above in your email). In addition to a competitive base salary, discretionary target cash bonus and restricted stock units (subject to Board approval), EVgo offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, unbounded paid time off, parental leave, and a 401(k) plan with a company match.