Director - Strategic Finance
EVgo (Nasdaq: EVGO) is the nation’s largest public fast charging network for electric vehicles, and the first to be powered by 100% renewable energy. Our mission is to expedite mass adoption of electric vehicles by creating a convenient, reliable, and affordable EV charging network that delivers fast charging to everyone. EVgo’s owned and operated charging network is growing rapidly, and we’re working to triple our network size by 2025. We partner with multiple stakeholders including automakers; fleet and rideshare operators; retail hosts such as grocery stores, shopping centers, gas stations, and more to make our vision of electric for all a reality. The EV industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the country. Join us as we charge forward into an electrified future.
Are you a finance professional who has a sharp analytical mind, a structured approach to strategic opportunities, and is results oriented? EVgo is hiring a Director of Strategic Finance reporting to the Vice President of Strategy, Analytics and Network Planning. You will shape the most important strategic and business decisions facing EVgo. The Director of Strategic Finance will be intimately involved in several aspects of the business and will support the Business Development organization in winning business with OEMs, fleet and rideshare companies, utilities, and other partners. You will develop a detailed knowledge of EVgo’s business and strategy and identify opportunities to grow the business and streamline processes.
The Director of Strategic Finance will lead a growing team of financial professionals that is responsible for all underwriting and investment at EVgo. The team develops innovative financial and commercial strategies and collaborates cross functionally with a consultative approach. EVgo team members act with agility, accountability, and integrity to drive results. EVgo’s market-leading position offers significant personal and potential growth opportunities for someone in this high-profile role.
- Provide commercial support and thought leadership for the Business Development organization.
- Lead evaluating new business and capital investment opportunities.
- Evaluate and develop new-to-the-industry business models and solutions.
- Inform customer and partner segmentation and prioritization.
- Underwrite EVgo’s investment in public and private charging stations and maintain the financial viability of the network plan
- Develop structured approaches to solve business problems, identify opportunities and optimize processes.
- Leverage data and analytics to form a perspective and build a cohesive narrative.
- Write clear and concise communications and present regularly to functional leaders and the CEO and CFO.
- Partner with business owners to develop implementation plans to turn analysis into execution.
- Understand and track trends and changes to the industry including an up-to-date forecast of market demand. Develop a point of view on disruptive threats and breakout opportunities. Supply the company with competitive intelligence.
- Analyze and refine pricing strategies.
- Maintain the company’s long-term financial plan to drive both internal and external growth targets.
- Lead team of high-performing individual contributors. Provide vision, coaching, training and career development.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 8-12 years of relevant experience.
- Investment banking and/or management consulting experience preferred.
- Experience in capital-intensive industries preferred, particularly utility or clean energy infrastructure.
- Skilled in financial modeling and investment underwriting.
- Proficient at analyzing data and summarizing.
- Excellent at developing and delivering presentations to C-level executives.
- Experience leading a high-performing team of financial professionals.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Creative, solutions-oriented thinker.
Employees are required to provide documentation of COVID 19 vaccination.