Senior Manager, FP&A
EVgo is the nation’s largest public fast charging network for electric vehicles, and the first to be powered by 100% renewable energy. With more than 850 fast charging locations, EVgo’s owned and operated charging network serves over 60 metropolitan areas across more than 30 states and more than 340,000 customers. Founded in 2010, EVgo leads the way on transportation electrification, partnering with automakers; fleet and rideshare operators; retail hosts such as hotels, shopping centers, gas stations and parking lot operators; and other stakeholders to deploy advanced charging technology to expand network availability and make it easier for drivers across the U.S. to enjoy the benefits of driving an EV. As a charging technology first mover, EVgo works closely with business and government leaders to accelerate the ubiquitous adoption of EVs by providing a reliable and convenient charging experience close to where drivers live, work and play, whether for a daily commute or a commercial fleet.
Position Description With our continued growth, we're looking for a Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) to join EVgo. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to the growth of a clean-energy company by providing analytical insights and developing robust financial plans and targets. Reporting to the Sr. Director, Finance, the role will own the company-wide Capital Plan and all Project Cost forecasting, reporting and analysis, in addition to supporting day to day FP&A activities.
- Build and maintain multi-year Capital Plan for electric vehicle charging station deployment, including timing, location, equipment, and capex details
- Develop detailed operating and project budgets and prepare variance reporting against those budgets, including the impact of installation and equipment cost drivers
- Track progress towards internal and external charging station targets, including commercial partner requirements
- Oversee all aspects of projected grant funding cash flows including forecasted funding by project and review / validation of program reimbursement packages
- Own and manage ongoing Software Development budgeting and forecasting, including the development of analytics to support software spend tracking and ROI
- Support monthly financial reporting and board presentations, including budget vs. actual analysis
- Identify key metrics and build executive facing dashboards/reports to track performance of EV charging services and development projects
- Develop and maintain analyses / tools to evaluate the profitability of projects, market areas, and new initiatives and to monitor business operations in order to better understand key drivers
- This role will partner heavily with multiple groups across the company, including the Infrastructure / Project Management Operations (PMO), Site Development, Account Management, and Network Planning teams
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance or a related field.
- Strong preference for an MBA
- 8+ years of experience in financial planning and analysis or a similar analytic/reporting role
- 3+ years in managing FP&A processes and team
- Prior hands-on experience building sophisticated financial models
- Proven experience in developing detailed operating and capex budgets and managing the corporate-wide financial planning process, including development of the 3-statement model
- General knowledge of GAAP and an understanding of the difference between accrual and cash accounting
- Strong interpersonal, relationship and communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders across the organization
- Strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to think creatively and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Asset-heavy, location-based businesses and/or experience in the Utility / Construction / Energy industries preferred but not required
- Experience with data analytics and data management preferred by not required
- Expert Excel user with proficiency in advanced data/financial operations. Experience with Salesforce, Sitetracker, Tableau, Netsuite, SQL a plus
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills and strong attention to detail
Employees are required to provide documentation of COVID 19 vaccination.