Senior Director or Director - Human Resources
EVgo (Nasdaq: EVGO) is one the largest public fast charging networks for electric vehicles, and the first to be powered by 100% renewable energy. Our mission is to expedite mass adoption of electric vehicles by creating a convenient, reliable, and affordable EV charging network that delivers fast charging to everyone. EVgo’s owned and operated charging network is growing rapidly, and we’re working to triple our network size by 2025. We partner with multiple stakeholders including automakers; fleet and rideshare operators; retail hosts such as grocery stores, shopping centers, gas stations, and more to make our vision of electric for all a reality. The EV industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the country. Join us as we charge forward into an electrified future.
EVgo is seeking a Senior Director/Director Human Resources. An influential leader, you will manage all aspects of Human Resources and the employee experience. You are energetic, positive, inspire others to action and thrive in dynamic environments performing. A strong relationship builder, you will work throughout the organization creating and delivering policies and programs towards EVgo being an employer of choice.
Business Acumen and Data Insights. Use HR analytics to improve talent and business capabilities and influence positive culture change. Build a solid understanding of industry, market, and functional trends to craft business-specific talent strategies driven by data insights. Identify and surface trends in both qualitative and quantitative data to help improve organizational health, using data to making smart, informed decisions.
Consultation. Build relationships with business leaders to offer thought leadership on organizational and people-related strategy and execution. Solve challenges and consult with EVgo’s leaders to create a comprehensive plan. Partner and provide expert coaching and consulting advice to leaders to drive a high performing culture.
Diversity and Inclusion. Experience with corporate DEI initiatives and how to best attract, support, and advocate for employees from diverse identities within a corporate environment.
HR Operations. Provide overall direction in the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources department, including setting priorities to meet the overall Human Resources goals and managing (HRIS, Benefits, Payroll Administration, Leave of Absence Programs). Team leadership of HR Generalist/Analyst, HR Specialist and Office Coordinator.
Pay and Performance. Compensation and Total Rewards (Stock Plan Administration, Compliance, Payroll). 360 feedback/performance management. Develop and support performance management systems that promote accountability, provide support, and feedback, and recognize employee performance and achievement
Project/Process Management. Coordinate HR resources, delegate tasks, and successfully implement initiatives. Assess work requests from across the organization and balance priorities.
Talent Mindset (Learning and Development). Collaborate to develop practical HR strategy and talent management plans to align with business goals of attracting, retaining, developing, and engaging diverse, hardworking talent. Provide guidance and input on workforce planning, succession planning, and other talent development and retention activities, building a talent management process across functions and cultivate and reinforce a meaningful team culture.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience, Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years Human Resource leadership experience with proven results within a fast paced, high tech, growth environment.
- 3+ years in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) or related roles
- Effective communicator with the ability to build relationships, coach and influence leaders and stakeholders to drive organizational change.
- Managed the HR function at a start-up or early-stage company and have at least 5+ years' proven experience in a senior HR role leading HR initiatives and programs.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Strong facilitation/presentation skills.
- HRIS systems and processes, information systems, ADP experience preferred.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Experience scaling businesses.
- Demonstrated business acumen to drive organizational and people-related strategies and outcomes.
- Ability to work within constraints and to challenge the status quo. Comfortable with ambiguity and taking part in complex strategy discussions.
- Previous people management experience preferred.
- High level of initiative and motivation to quickly resolve challenges.
- Innovative and creative problem solver.
Employees are required to provide documentation of COVID 19 vaccination.
For positions in California, Colorado, or New York City, you may contact us at JobPostingInquiry@evgo.com for the salary range for this position (include the exact Job Title as it reads above in your email). In addition to a competitive base salary, discretionary target cash bonus and restricted stock units (subject to Board approval), EVgo offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, unbounded paid time off, parental leave, and a 401(k) plan with a company match.