Intern, Development Engineering
EVgo (Nasdaq: EVGO) is one of the nation’s largest public fast charging networks for electric vehicles, and the first to be powered by 100% renewable energy. Our mission is to expedite mass adoption of electric vehicles by creating a convenient, reliable, and affordable EV charging network that delivers fast charging to everyone. EVgo’s owned and operated charging network is growing rapidly, and we’re working to triple our network size by 2025. We partner with multiple stakeholders including automakers; fleet and rideshare operators; retail hosts such as grocery stores, shopping centers, gas stations, and more to make our vision of electric for all a reality. The EV industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the country. Join us as we charge forward into an electrified future.
Intern Position Summary:
EVgo is seeking a project-oriented intern for the 2023 summer internship season to assist in the design and management of EVgo charger builds in the development phase. Accountable for working with Project Development Engineers to manage internal and external engineering resources, you will produce, deliver and provide development assistance in a deadline-oriented environment. A strong partner for the Site Development efforts you will support all phases of site acquisition and building process, beginning with initial site evaluation, and contract execution leading to streamlined construction permitting. Overall, the Project Development Intern assists to deliver optimally designed sites incorporating constructability and safe operation.
- Assist in the creation of development engineering deliverables such as project cost estimations, conceptual layout designs, and single-line diagrams.
- Produce scope of work and track project deadlines and deliverables from engineering partners (e.g., site surveys, preliminary and permit package engineering).
- The Project Development Intern will learn quality control and code compliance on all design activities from proposal to detailed engineering.
- Ensure projects adhere to EVgo standards as much as possible as they pertain to new programs, technology selection, and regional requirements.
- Pipeline Reporting and maintenance; provide conscientious reporting on multiple projects in the development engineering phase.
- Track productivity metrics of work in progress for business diligence and expectations on deliverable lead times.
- Participate in the review process for new technology evaluations for integration into current or future projects.
- The Project Development Intern will maintain process enhancements due to best practices and learning to enhance conceptual designs acknowledging technology or AHJ specific requirements for certain regions.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Pursuing a BS in Engineering, Electrical Engineering.
- Experience reading engineering drawings is a plus.
- Strong CAD skills (AutoCAD, Bluebeam, SketchUp, Google Earth, Parlay Maps)
- Strong organizational, interpersonal communication, and management skills
Interns are required to provide documentation of COVID 19 vaccination.
For positions in California, Colorado, or New York City, you may contact us at JobPostingInquiry@evgo.com for the salary range for this position (include the exact Job Title as it reads above in your email). In addition to a competitive base salary, discretionary target cash bonus and restricted stock units (subject to Board approval), EVgo offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, unbounded paid time off, parental leave, and a 401(k) plan with a company match.