Project Development Engineer
EVgo (Nasdaq: EVGO) is one of the largest public fast charging networks for electric vehicles, and the first to be powered by 100% renewable energy. Our mission is to expedite mass adoption of electric vehicles by creating a convenient, reliable, and affordable EV charging network that delivers fast charging to everyone. EVgo’s owned and operated charging network is growing rapidly, and we’re working to triple our network size by 2025. We partner with multiple stakeholders including automakers; fleet and rideshare operators; retail hosts such as grocery stores, shopping centers, gas stations, and more to make our vision of electric for all a reality. The EV industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the country. Join us as we charge forward into an electrified future.
EVgo is seeking a project-oriented engineer to design and manage EVgo charger builds in the development phase. Accountable for managing internal and external engineering resources, you will produce, deliver and provide development expertise in a deadline-oriented environment. A strong partner for the Site Development efforts you will support all phases of site acquisition and building process, beginning with initial site evaluation, and contract execution leading to streamlined construction permitting. Overall, the Project Development Engineer delivers optimally designed sites incorporating constructability and safe operation. The Project Development Engineer will handle projects in Southern California and should reside in the Pacific Standard Time Zone.
- Create development engineering deliverables such as project cost estimations, conceptual layout designs, and single-line diagrams.
- Produce scope of work and track project deadlines and deliverables from engineering partners (e.g., site surveys, preliminary and permit package engineering).
- The Project Development Engineer will be accountable for excellent quality control and code compliance on all design activities from proposal to detailed engineering.
- Execute on standardized design and construction logistics approaches optimizing design.
- Ensure projects adhere to EVgo standards as much as possible as they pertain to new programs, technology selection, and regional requirements.
- Pipeline Reporting and maintenance; provide conscientious reporting on multiple projects in the development engineering phase.
- Track productivity metrics of work in progress for business diligence and expectations on deliverable lead times.
- Participate in the review process for new technology evaluations for integration into current or future projects.
- The Project Development Engineer will maintain process enhancements due to best practices and learning to enhance conceptual designs acknowledging technology or AHJ specific requirements for certain regions.
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS/ MS in Engineering, Electrical Engineering preferred, PE or EIT working towards PE preferred.
- 2-5 years experience as a design engineer.
- Strong CAD skills (AutoCAD, Bluebeam, SketchUp, Google Earth, Parlay Maps) (portfolio requested).
- Utility, Renewables (commercial solar, energy storage), High Voltage Engineering Industry Experience.
- Understanding of distribution network and utility/ AHJ requirements.
- Proficiency with Salesforce, Sitetracker, or equivalent software a plus
- Strong organizational, interpersonal communication, and management skills.
- Resides in Pacific Standard Time Zone.
Employees are required to provide documentation of COVID 19 vaccination.