Manager - Internal Audit
EVgo (Nasdaq: EVGO) is one of the largest public fast charging networks for electric vehicles, and the first to be powered by 100% renewable energy. Our mission is to expedite mass adoption of electric vehicles by creating a convenient, reliable, and affordable EV charging network that delivers fast charging to everyone. EVgo’s owned and operated charging network is growing rapidly, and we’re working to triple our network size by 2025. We partner with multiple stakeholders including automakers; fleet and rideshare operators; retail hosts such as grocery stores, shopping centers, gas stations, and more to make our vision of electric for all a reality. The EV industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the country. Join us as we charge forward into an electrified future.
EVgo is seeking an Internal Audit Manager. The Internal Audit Manager will lead the project management and testing of EVgo’s SOX 404 business process controls. Reporting to the Senior Director of Internal Audit, this individual will have broad exposure to EVgo’s operations and will interact directly with leaders across the organization. The position will include opportunities to perform operational reviews and positively impact the business by identifying process and control improvements.
- Be a leader in the execution of EVgo’s SOX 404 compliance program.
- Manage execution of the annual business process control assessment cycle, including risk assessment, scoping, control documentation, walkthroughs, testing, remediation and reporting.
- Supervise the work of SOX internal team members and/or third-party resources, and review testing documentation.
- Assess the design and operating effectiveness of SOX controls for select complex subject matter areas, documenting results in detailed, high-quality work papers.
- Evaluate the impact of control deficiencies and guide remediation efforts as necessary.
- Perform periodic follow-up on audit findings and recommendations to evaluate the adequacy of corrective actions
- Aid control owners in the ongoing maintenance of SOX documentation (policies/procedures, flow charts, control matrices, etc).
- Analyze process and system changes to ensure risks are adequately addressed with internal controls.
- Challenge the status quo, identifying opportunities for the adoption of SOX and operational control best practices.
- Perform non-SOX process reviews. Evaluate compliance with policies and procedures, identify improvement opportunities, and work with process owners to develop solutions.
- Participate in the management and maintenance of the SOX business control Audit Tool (AuditBoard)
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting or related field (required).
- 5 to 8+ years of experience as an audit professional, including public accounting or mix of public accounting and internal audit experience.
- CPA or equivalent (required).
- In-depth knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Experience with designing and implementing internal controls.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and develop strong, collaborative working relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Skilled project manager, effectively prioritizing competing tasks. Must be proactive and independent, taking initiative to drive projects forward.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills combined with solid business and financial acumen.
- Must be able to think critically, demonstrate sound professional judgment and act with integrity.
- Detail oriented and capable of adapting quickly in a fast-paced environment, displaying a "roll-up your sleeves" positive attitude.
Employees are required to provide documentation of COVID 19 vaccination.