Business Development Specialist
EVgo (Nasdaq: EVGO) is the nation’s largest public fast charging network for electric vehicles, and the first to be powered by 100% renewable energy. Our mission is to expedite mass adoption of electric vehicles by creating a convenient, reliable, and affordable EV charging network that delivers fast charging to everyone. EVgo’s owned and operated charging network is growing rapidly, and we’re working to triple our network size by 2025. We partner with multiple stakeholders including automakers; fleet and rideshare operators; retail hosts such as grocery stores, shopping centers, gas stations, and more to make our vision of electric for all a reality. The EV industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the country. Join us as we charge forward into an electrified future.
EVgo is looking for a talented and entrepreneurial business development professional to help bring a new charging solution, EVgo eXtend, to market, targeting commercial customers interested in owning charging infrastructure. With federal funds flowing and convenience stores and others rushing to capture them, EVgo eXtend enables EVgo to capture the growing segment of public charging.
EVgo eXtend provides commercial customers with a turnkey charging solution, hardware, site design and construction, and ongoing services, including software, maintenance, and driver support.
Your job will be to support business development for this new business line by strategically identifying and advancing sales opportunities. Your job will primarily involve identifying and qualifying engagements with national customers to build a pipeline of potential customers. In addition, you will take a data-driven and approach to help advance deals. Your role will be customer facing, as well as working cross functionally with EVgo eXtend’s Hardware, Software, operations to iterate on the product and tailor the offering to customer needs.
- Identify and engage prospective buyers through inbound and outbound approaches and apply strategic analytics to qualify all leads.
- Embrace CRM system and establish additional processes and tools to manage the sales pipeline, and measure and report on key KPIs
- Prior prospecting and sales experience or managing a book of business successfully.
- Develop tailored account plans, documenting business background, mapping key buyers and orienting communications to these buyer groups to meet business objectives
- Gain strong technical understanding of product, and collaborate with EVgo’s internal hardware,
- software, and operation teams to strategically to tailor project-specific offerings for customers
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2-4 years experience in business development roles; Entrepreneurial business development backgrounds preferred
- Demonstrated interest and expertise in the clean energy industry; EV experience preferred
- Business development experience bringing a new commercial product or service to market
- Ability to gain strong technical understanding of the product.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to manage proposals in response to RFP from valued commercial customers.
- Skilled at analyzing data and making sound observations and recommendations
- Comfortable in a dynamic environment with some ambiguity
- High productivity operating with autonomy in a self-directed and minimally guided setting
- Skilled at cross-functional collaboration with clients, peers, management, and other departments
- Excellent at developing and delivering presentations
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
Employees are required to provide documentation of COVID 19 vaccination.