EVgo (Nasdaq: EVGO) is the nation’s largest public fast charging network for electric vehicles, and the first to be powered by 100% renewable energy. Our mission is to expedite mass adoption of electric vehicles by creating a convenient, reliable, and affordable EV charging network that delivers fast charging to everyone. EVgo’s owned and operated charging network is growing rapidly, and we’re working to triple our network size by 2025. We partner with multiple stakeholders including automakers; fleet and rideshare operators; retail hosts such as grocery stores, shopping centers, gas stations, and more to make our vision of electric for all a reality. The EV industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the country. Join us as we charge forward into an electrified future.
The Project Manager role is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the construction of EVgo DC fast charging projects. The Project Manager will see the project from early-stage development through construction to hand-off to commissioning. The ideal candidate thrives in fast-paced start-up environments, with exceptional attention to detail. This position requires location on the west coast US, preferably Northern California.
- Responsible for safety initiatives and meeting aggressive and high-profile corporate goals.
- Lead all permitting, coordination and construction of EV infrastructure deployment in parking lots and garages.
- Provide local-level oversight of contractors and vendors.
- Management of the stakeholder relationship for all projects relative to project execution and construction contract management.
- Maintain accurate forecasts of (schedule, budget, risks, claims, EH&S, quality, etc.) and implementation of corrective measures if necessary.
- Implementation of project management procedures.
- Manage and optimize pre and post-production project budgets and manage risk.
- Provide accurate and timely leadership and external partners with updates on multiple projects.
- Administer contracts with 3rd party contractors and subcontractors.
- Work with EVgo's procurement group to assure compliance with EVgo procedures and the timely processing of change orders and approval of invoices.
- Adapt to a changing business model and learn to contribute across the organization.
- Significant regional (2 days per week) and statewide (1 day per week) travel.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years Project Management or Construction Management experience with hands-on field management
- PMP (Project Management Certification) preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Extensive experience in scheduling construction at multiple sites at once and managing subcontractors and other vendors.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Product
- Proficiency with Salesforce, Sitetracker, or equivalent software a plus
- Leadership ability in a high-performance culture with the ability to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively
Employees are required to provide documentation of COVID 19 vaccination.