PlugShare, a wholly owned subsidiary of EVgo, is home to the largest community of EV drivers in the world, with a community of over 3MM EV drivers who rely on us to plan their journeys and public charging stops. Every day, drivers add more station locations, constantly making the app more comprehensive and accurate. From within the app., users check-in when they charge, sharing tips, comments, reviews and photos of their charging experiences. Drivers, automakers, utilities, and the rest of the EV community rely on our comprehensive public charging dataset to power their navigation systems and guide their decision-making. We amplify the voice of the driver through PlugInsights, the world’s largest survey research panel of EV owners and leasers, and developed Pay with PlugShare (PWPS), a mobile payment platform enabling seamless and reliable payment for multiple charging networks through a single app. We also provide in-app and web advertising and digital marketing services to give brands and marketers access to the largest EV driver audience.
PlugShare is seeking a multifaceted driven individual for a hybrid role that is account management focused and also proficient in sales. This position will be responsible for the organization of the business development pipeline and customer relationship management, supporting deals and owning customer accounts. This is a great opportunity to work for a mission-driven organization helping to scale adoption of electric vehicles.
In this role you will work closely with the technical and commercial teams at PlugShare to identify and evaluate opportunities, and support sales staff to help convert leads into revenue generating partnerships. This position manages inbound business inquiries as well as proactively establishing relationships with potential customers and connects these prospects with the appropriate business development personnel. Ongoing business development support, including period check-ins with customers and partners is also required, as well as other administrative tasks.
Our ideal candidate is smart, organized, passionate about electric vehicles and charging infrastructure, with a can-do attitude, ready to join our innovative team to help us continue to actualize PlugShare’s mission to accelerate adoption and advancement of plug-in car technology.
- Maintain a working knowledge of PlugShare’s key features & functions across all platforms and company's B2B products to assist with specific customer inquiries
- Triage inbound sales and business development inquiries in Zendesk
- Qualify/disqualify new leads and own initial responses to gather clarifying information and start the sales process with new prospects
- Manage sales pipeline for executive management forecasting; and proper account and opportunity management.
- Pass off qualified leads to appropriate Business Development colleagues
- Schedule and facilitate initial introduction meetings with prospective clients
- Utilize Salesforce to manage customer activity and track all pertinent information related to the opportunity
- Streamline incoming requests processes / submission forms on company website product pages.
- Build out business development and B2B product/services FAQs
- Draft proposals, manage and update contracts; including agreement renewals
- Manage and secure POs
- Liaison between client procurement and our accounting team
- Own vendor setup - Managing any and all client supplier portals / invoicing processes
- Stay on top of needed invoices for new clients, renewals, and special billing cycles.
- Create and send Invoice Orders to accounts receivable
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience
- Ability to work autonomously and be self-directed amongst multiple priorities
- Intellectually curious, with the desire and ability to learn new content and concepts and be able to think creatively
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) and desire to be customer facing
- Highly organized, with a demonstrated ability to proactively manage and prioritize multiple competing projects simultaneously.
- Skilled at cross-functional support and collaboration with key stakeholders, clients, senior leadership, engineering, marketing and other departments.
- Unafraid to ask questions and keep asking to find the right answer.
- Business savvy with sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge in the electric vehicle/sustainable energy industry is a huge plus
- Experience with SalesForce, Zendesk, other tools a plus
Employees are required to provide documentation of COVID 19 vaccination.