Operations Analyst - Strategy
EVgo (Nasdaq: EVGO) is one of the largest public fast charging networks for electric vehicles, and the first to be powered by 100% renewable energy. Our mission is to expedite mass adoption of electric vehicles by creating a convenient, reliable, and affordable EV charging network that delivers fast charging to everyone. EVgo’s owned and operated charging network is growing rapidly, and we’re working to triple our network size by 2025. We partner with multiple stakeholders including automakers; fleet and rideshare operators; retail hosts such as grocery stores, shopping centers, gas stations, and more to make our vision of electric for all a reality. The EV industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the country. Join us as we charge forward into an electrified future.
Join EVgo’s Internal Operations team as an Operations Analyst-Strategy, where you will be responsible for analyzing sales, construction, and operations data. We are seeking a smart and driven individual looking to bring robust analysis, strong quantitative skills, and enthusiasm to evaluate and improve the development and construction of EVgo’s charging network.
As Operations Analyst-Strategy you will leverage data analysis, modeling, and reporting expertise to drive decision-making and strategy, directly supporting senior leadership. Key responsibilities include analyzing large data sets, developing insights, reporting, presenting recommendations, and supporting cross-functional decision-making and implementation in the areas of site development, construction and operations.
Reporting to the Vice President, Program Management and Internal Operations, and will support all of the Operations team leadership.
If you thrive in a demanding, high-energy challenging work environment and are interested in the Electric Vehicle and renewable energy industries, this position is for you.
- Operations Analyst-Strategy will lead weekly reporting on operational key data out of Salesforce and Sitetracker
- Support entire site development funnel from lease signing through operational with data analysis, insights and areas where EVgo can improve operations.
- Forecasts key operational milestones and inventory.
- Delivers dashboards using Tableau and partner internally and externally vendors to automate reporting.
- Produces operational reporting to meet the needs of OEM and program partners.
- Liaises with the Internal Operations Team teams for meetings and presentations.
- Provides strategic contributions as a stakeholder for ERP automation projects to ensure seamless integrations for the Operations team.
- Develops and acquires skills to become a subject matter expert (SME) on the EVgo’s site development process.
- Collaborates cross-functionally to ensure data quality.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2-4 years of professional experience as an Analyst in Consulting, Market Research, Operations or Data Science
- BA or BS Degree (Masters preferred) in Information Science, Computer Science, Data Science, Economics, Statistics, or Operations Research.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills with previous work experience.
- Highly proficient in Excel (lookup functions, pivot tables, etc.).
- Salesforce experience (working with trackers that pull from multiple data sources).
- Strong data visualization skills that communicate results and drive decision-making.
- 2+ years of corporate experience with data visualization platforms, preferably Tableau.
- Skilled at cross-functional collaboration with clients, peers, management, and other departments.
- Inventory planning/forecasting experience.
- Demonstrated success in the simultaneous delivery of multiple projects and programs, exemplary attention to detail.
- Data extraction experience from construction and project management and construction management software, Sitetracker is a plus.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to thrive in a fast-growing company where there are more opportunities than time.
- Experience or willingness to learn:
- Experience in smart grid or clean tech-related industries, including electric vehicle charging, battery storage, demand response, renewable energy, or distributed energy resources.
- Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, Metabase or other data warehouse tools
- Experience with scripting and programming languages, such as R and Python
Employees are required to provide documentation of COVID 19 vaccination.