Senior Android Developer
EVgo (Nasdaq: EVGO) is the nation’s largest public fast charging network for electric vehicles, and the first to be powered by 100% renewable energy. With more than 800 fast charging locations, EVgo’s owned and operated charging network serves over 68 metropolitan areas across 35 states and more than 310,000 customer accounts. Founded in 2010, EVgo leads the way on transportation electrification, partnering with automakers; fleet and rideshare operators; retail hosts such as hotels, shopping centers, gas stations and parking lot operators; and other stakeholders to deploy advanced charging technology to expand network availability and make it easier for drivers across the U.S. to enjoy the benefits of driving an EV. As a charging technology first mover, EVgo works closely with business and government leaders to accelerate the ubiquitous adoption of EVs by providing a reliable and convenient charging experience close to where drivers live, work and play, whether for a daily commute or a commercial fleet.
EVgo is seeking a Lead Android Engineer to join our strong team of developers in the renewables landscape. The ideal candidate has delivered production Android software in a deadline environment and will bring superior architecture, scalability, and optimization of mobile development. As Lead, you will mentor teammates and leverage strong communication skills.
- Lead and own the product lines on the Android app
- Build new features from inception collaborating with the product, design, and engineering teams
- Champion processes to design clean, reusable, and resilient high-level architectures
- Sustain existing code by fixing bugs and monitoring app performance
- Influence architecture design and decisions on production software
Required Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS in computer science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years of developing Android mobile applications
- Experience working with Kotlin
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and/or GraphQL to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Ability to quickly and effectively design and build POC’s to introduce new features
- Experience with Test Driven Development preferred
- Empathy and strong communication skills
- Experience or Interest in a pair-programming and collaborative environment
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work, and solving challenging problems
- Knowledge of a variety of Agile methodologies
Employees are required to provide documentation of COVID 19 vaccination.