Project Manager (West/Southwest)
EVgo is the nation’s largest public fast charging network for electric vehicles, and the first to be powered by 100% renewable energy. With more than 850 fast charging locations, EVgo’s owned and operated charging network serves over 60 metropolitan areas across more than 30 states and more than 340,000 customers. Founded in 2010, EVgo leads the way on transportation electrification, partnering with automakers; fleet and rideshare operators; retail hosts such as hotels, shopping centers, gas stations and parking lot operators; and other stakeholders to deploy advanced charging technology to expand network availability and make it easier for drivers across the U.S. to enjoy the benefits of driving an EV. As a charging technology first mover, EVgo works closely with business and government leaders to accelerate the ubiquitous adoption of EVs by providing a reliable and convenient charging experience close to where drivers live, work and play, whether for a daily commute or a commercial fleet.
The Senior Project Manager role is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the construction of EVgo DC fast charging projects. The Senior Project Manager will see the project from early-stage development through construction to hand-off to commissioning. The ideal candidate thrives in fast-paced start-up environments, with exceptional attention to detail. This position will cover locations in West/Southwest U.S.
- Responsible for safety initiatives and meeting aggressive and high-profile corporate goals.
- Lead all permitting, coordination and construction of EV infrastructure deployment in parking lots and garages.
- Provide local-level oversight of contractors and vendors.
- Management of the stakeholder relationship for large volume of projects.
- Maintain accurate forecasts of (schedule, budget, risks, claims, EH&S, quality, etc.) and implementation of corrective measures if necessary.
- Implementation of project management procedures.
- Manage and optimize pre- and post-production project budgets and manage risk.
- Provide accurate and timely updates to leadership and external partners.
- Administer contracts with 3rd party contractors and subcontractors.
- Work with EVgo's procurement group to assure compliance with EVgo procedures and the timely processing of change orders and approval of invoices.
- Adapt to a changing business model and learn to contribute across the organization.
- Significant regional (2 days per week) and statewide (1 day per week) travel.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years Project Management or Construction Management experience with hands-on field management
- PMP (Project Management Certification) preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Extensive experience in scheduling construction at multiple sites at once and managing subcontractors and other vendors.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Product
- Proficiency with Salesforce, Sitetracker, or equivalent software a plus
- Leadership ability in a high-performance culture with the ability to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively
EVgo employees are required to provide documentation of COVID 19 vaccination.