Senior Associate, SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting
- Leading in the financial reporting process and coordination of various departments to support quarterly and annual Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) reporting requirements and earnings releases.
- Creating and updating accounting policies and practices manual.
- Provide training and communication of accounting policies to domestic and international users to ensure consistency of application.
- Conduct technical research and implement new accounting pronouncements by working closely with internal teams and external auditors.
- Ensure compliance with Financial Reporting Internal Controls.
- Coordinate Financial Reporting relationships with external and internal audits, including timing of documentation requests.
- Monitor fieldwork progress and ensure timely completion of all follow-up items with other internal departments.
- Lead the preparation of the filing documents and eXtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) tagging, if necessary, for 10-Qs, 10-Ks, 8-Ks and other filings as needed.
- Prepare disclosures, SEC/USGAAP compliance questionnaires, to ensure compliance with EVgo policies as well as external reporting requirements.
- Identify areas where there may be risk and propose disclosures to address where necessary.
- Prepare and review accounting for complex transactions and judgment areas, including revenue recognition, acquisitions, equity, share-based compensation, EPS calculations and other technical accounting areas.
- Prepare monthly consolidated cash flow and analyses.
- Analyze non-routine transactions and direct the research and documentation of accounting.
- Develop, maintain and coordinate quarterly information and financial reporting calendar deadlines with limited assistance.
- Prepare balance sheet and income statement analytics.
- Review schedules for external reporting and prepare schedules for external auditors
- Proactively identify reporting performance challenges and take a leading role in the development and execution of improvements.
- Perform ad hoc technical research and other projects as required. Proactively drive system, technology and efficiency initiatives relating to reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree related to Accounting
- At least at least 5 years public accounting experience
- Advanced Word/Excel skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet SEC deadlines.
- Team player, can learn quickly and work independently.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout the organization.
- At least 3 years of public & SEC accounting experience
- Certified Public Accountant certification
- Experience with Bridge, NetSuite, Costar
- Big 4 accounting experience
For positions in California, Colorado, or New York City, you may contact us at JobPostingInquiry@evgo.com for the salary range for this position (include the exact Job Title as it reads above in your email). In addition to a competitive base salary, discretionary target cash bonus and restricted stock units (subject to Board approval), EVgo offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, unbounded paid time off, parental leave, and a 401(k) plan with a company match.