Technical Product Manager
PlugShare, a wholly owned subsidiary of EVgo, is home to the largest community of EV drivers in the world, with a community of over 3MM EV drivers who rely on us to plan their journeys and public charging stops. Every day, drivers add more station locations, constantly making the app more comprehensive and accurate. From within the app., users check-in when they charge, sharing tips, comments, reviews and photos of their charging experiences. Drivers, automakers, utilities, and the rest of the EV community rely on our comprehensive public charging dataset to power their navigation systems and guide their decision-making. We amplify the voice of the driver through PlugInsights, the world’s largest survey research panel of EV owners and leasers, and developed Pay with PlugShare (PWPS), a mobile payment platform enabling seamless and reliable payment for multiple charging networks through a single app. We also provide in-app and web advertising and digital marketing services to give brands and marketers access to the largest EV driver audience.
Are you an experienced Technical Product Manager looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to further advance your skills and career in a great working environment for a company that is fueling sustainable electric transportation?
If you are a highly motivated individual with a genuine interest in technology and a passion to deliver cutting-edge products and exceptional user experience, we have the perfect job for you!
We are seeking a strong software Technical Product Manager to work with our development team to deliver the most innovative and industry-leading internal and consumer facing iOS and Android native mobile applications.
- Gathers, details, and prioritizes product requirements, writes effective user stories, and defines acceptance criteria for all items in the backlog prior to product grooming and sprint planning meetings.
- Communicates product initiatives and technical requirements to development, UX, UI/design, product teams.
- Works in-depth with the Mobile Engineers team to ensure all product requests are possible and will be delivered on time; prioritizes requests based on effort from team
- Spearheads product vision, roadmap though epics, growth, and direction throughout the project weighing input from stakeholders and customer needs, while also aligning with the overall EVgo software roadmap
- Engages in daily interaction with project teams, including stand-ups, weekly product grooming meetings, sprint planning meetings, sprint reviews, demos, and retrospectives.
- Ensures and monitors that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics, and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategies
- Manages and documents changes to product and evaluates the effects of adding such changes
- Creates and updates product documentation and specs including technical aspects necessary for the Dev team
- Monitors team velocity and assesses how to increase and/or adjust depending on the product deadlines and requirements
- Leads product grooming meetings and sprint demos/retrospectives/planning
- Collaborate and partner with additional products and team to determine timelines and release priorities
- Helps QA validate that user stories meet acceptance criteria
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
- Works toward continually improving the company’s software development methodologies.
- Communicates product progress and deliverables to stakeholders
- Inspires and motivates the QA and development teams to continuously improve team performance
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 3 years of previous experience as a Technical Product Manager in an Agile software development environments
- BA/BS Preferred
- Knowledge of iOS and Android best practices a plus
- Experience with release cycles
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Business savvy with sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Attention to details
Employees are required to provide documentation of COVID 19 vaccination.