Director, Corporate Development
EVgo (Nasdaq: EVGO) is one of the largest public fast charging networks for electric vehicles, and the first to be powered by 100% renewable energy. Our mission is to expedite mass adoption of electric vehicles by creating a convenient, reliable, and affordable EV charging network that delivers fast charging to everyone. EVgo’s owned and operated charging network is growing rapidly, and we’re working to triple our network size by 2025. We partner with multiple stakeholders including automakers; fleet and rideshare operators; retail hosts such as grocery stores, shopping centers, gas stations, and more to make our vision of electric for all a reality. The EV industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the country. Join us as we charge forward into an electrified future.
The Director of Corporate Development will be a strong contributor to support a variety of corporate development matters: M&A, capital raising, debt financing, creation of long-term strategic plans. Director will report to CFO and work cross-functionally with other leaders (incl. C-level executives), Board members, advisors and consultants as needed.
- Own long-term corporate strategic planning process and 8-year model
- Assist with formal Board presentation materials
- Support EVgo’s growth strategy through identification, assessment and execution of potential mergers, acquisitions, investments and joint ventures as well as divestitures by the company
- Shepherd the deal execution process, including due diligence, valuation, advisor management and approvals
- Assist CFO in capital needs planning, assessment of various capital raising options and deal execution
- Source and evaluate potential debt financing / project financing options for charging infrastructure projects
- Assist CFO with ad-hoc strategic projects
Required Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years of corporate development, M&A, capital markets or any other relevant experience
- Investment banking training is a must
- Knowledgeable and experienced with building sophisticated financial models used to evaluate business opportunities.
- Strong transaction execution experience (M&A, capital raising, public markets)
- Experience with debt financing and project financing is a strong plus
- Strategic thinker able to summarize and communicate complex information.
- Advanced Excel expertise with proficiency in advanced data/financial operations.
- Best-in-class Power Point and Data visualization skills.
- Exceptional at developing professional communications for executive leadership and the Board (documents and presentations).
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Solid written, communication and interpersonal skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to think creatively and learn quickly
- Ability to handle competing priorities and complex projects.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
Employees are required to provide documentation of COVID 19 vaccination.