Director, EVSE Product Management
EVgo (Nasdaq: EVGO) is the nation’s largest public fast charging network for electric vehicles, and the first to be powered by 100% renewable energy. Our mission is to expedite mass adoption of electric vehicles by creating a convenient, reliable, and affordable EV charging network that delivers fast charging to everyone. EVgo’s owned and operated charging network is growing rapidly, and we’re working to triple our network size by 2025. We partner with multiple stakeholders including automakers; fleet and rideshare operators; retail hosts such as grocery stores, shopping centers, gas stations, and more to make our vision of electric for all a reality. The EV industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the country. Join us as we charge forward into an electrified future.
The successful candidate for the Director of Hardware Product Management will be the point on future charging stations and energy management development and the implementation of that on the largest public network of DC fast charging in the U.S. The Director will define and implement the charging hardware and energy management roadmap for EVgo. This individual will be tasked with taking input from various business unit stakeholders and developing functional capabilities and requirements to ensure EVgo remains the best-in-class and most economic network for public fast charging. The individual is responsible for research, design, networking, user interface, sensor, safety, energy optimization, and industry standards. Responsibilities include direct interface and management of equipment and service suppliers to ensure that installed charging stations are of the highest quality and provide the best customer experience.
- Lead stakeholder in the technology roadmap for EV charging and energy management systems and vendor development
- Define, evaluate and assess next-generation car-charging features and their impact on the evolution of EV charging infrastructure
- Work closely with the business development and software product team to understand evolving market needs
- Responsible for implementation of features to ensure a best-in-class customer journey at minimum cost
- Able to evaluate and drive solutions across software, mechanical, power and thermal boundaries to assure ideal results
- Actively participate in and influence industry standards, trade organizations, and protocol discussions in the industry
- Partner with the software department on development of the operating platform and integration of EVSE equipment and energy management solutions
- Evaluate, design and implement energy storage systems, local generation, and electricity grid interconnections
- Create test plans, test cases and other QA documents, based on system requirements and specifications
- Manage vendor relationships including equipment development, qualification testing, field testing, and complete system implementation.
- Ensure robust systems integration between EVSEs (charging hardware), electric vehicles, the operating platform, payment systems, battery storage or other generation systems, and other components of the charging network
- Utilize operations data to identify system improvement opportunities and develop plan for corrective action
- Working with other operating and business development teams, monitor the charging network and recommend network investments/upgrades as appropriate
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in electrical engineering. Additional degree in computer science preferred.
- Proven track record in the implementation of complex electrical and computational control solutions into a production environment
- Ten or more years of experience developing networked electrical products
- Management experience should include both project management and employee supervision
- Experience designing and validating a variety of devices, communications networks and control systems
- Knowledge of the assembly, installation and repair of electrical equipment
- Experience and knowledge of communications networks and protocols (access, configurations, IP based routing concepts, VPN, data carriers and data centers)
- Experience in training internal and external resources
- Experience in managing a team of product managers, engineers, developers, and vendors
- Hands on systems development
- Knowledge of maintenance protocols/standards of electrical equipment
- Understanding of NEC and other related standards
- Knowledge of EVSE and EV industry is an advantage
- Highly analytical with excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communicator including the ability to translate technical information to non-technical stakeholders
Employees are required to provide documentation of COVID 19 vaccination.