EVgo (Nasdaq: EVGO) is the nation’s largest public fast charging network for electric vehicles, and the first to be powered by 100% renewable energy. With more than 800 fast charging locations, EVgo’s owned and operated charging network serves over 68 metropolitan areas across 35 states and more than 310,000 customer accounts. Founded in 2010, EVgo leads the way on transportation electrification, partnering with automakers; fleet and rideshare operators; retail hosts such as hotels, shopping centers, gas stations and parking lot operators; and other stakeholders to deploy advanced charging technology to expand network availability and make it easier for drivers across the U.S. to enjoy the benefits of driving an EV. As a charging technology first mover, EVgo works closely with business and government leaders to accelerate the ubiquitous adoption of EVs by providing a reliable and convenient charging experience close to where drivers live, work and play, whether for a daily commute or a commercial fleet.
The Field Operations Technician is the first point of contact for technical support of EVgo's EVSEs network.? You will work on the team that manages operation, maintenance modification testing and troubleshooting of EVgo network of chargers.? EVSE calls are high volume and escalated according to the technical issues.? Field Operations also assist with installation partnering cross-functionally.
- Troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment in the field.
- Provide support for hardware and software malfunctions identifying root cause, and implementing the appropriate solution.
- Escalate more complex or specialized service requests and incidents to the relevant teams or department; tracking and ownership to ensure problem resolution.
- Deploy hardware and software understanding business requirements and technology standards.
- Determine and execute tasks to support charger life cycle using accurate reporting.
- Participate in project and installation tasks for accurate operational outcomes.
- Manage vendors to determine status of assigned dispatches and resolution.
- Serve as point of contact, answering emails, telephones and directing tickets to the proper resources.
- Proactive at remove barriers that delay response or repair times.
- Communicate effectively between departments; customer care, marketing, engineering, etc. providing support or routing information.
- Maintain constant visibility to and track tickets communicate with assigned technicians throughout shift.
- Generate reports and update database.
- Observe data Integrity (i.e. data collection, updates and record keeping on Customer/Charger issues, Maintenance, tickets and alerts).
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2-5 years' experience in coordination/dispatch of field resources.
- Two-year college degree, or equivalent, in electronics, computer science, information systems.
- Ability to work flexible shifts; 20% local travel
- Flexibility to be scheduled during all network hours.
- Experience managing, supporting and deploying network infrastructures
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong computer, scientific and organizational skills.
- Outstanding problem-solving, analytical and interpretive skills.
- Skilled at managing multiple projects and set priorities
- Capable of working independently or in a team environment
- Understand NEC and other construction related standards
Employees are required to provide documentation of COVID 19 vaccination.