Lead Field Service - Electric Vehicle Charging Technician
EVgo (Nasdaq: EVGO) is the nation’s largest public fast charging network for electric vehicles, and the first to be powered by 100% renewable energy. With more than 800 fast charging locations, EVgo’s owned and operated charging network serves over 68 metropolitan areas across 35 states and more than 310,000 customer accounts. Founded in 2010, EVgo leads the way in transportation electrification, partnering with automakers; fleet and rideshare operators; retail hosts such as hotels, shopping centers, gas stations, and parking lot operators; and other stakeholders to deploy advanced charging technology to expand the network availability and make it easier for drivers across the U.S. to enjoy the benefits of driving an EV. As a charging technology first mover, EVgo works closely with business and government leaders to accelerate the ubiquitous adoption of EVs by providing a reliable and convenient charging experience close to where drivers live, work, and play, whether for a daily commute or a commercial fleet.
Lead Field Service Electric Vehicle Charging (EVC) Technician maintains EVgo’s electric vehicle charging network. The Lead Field Service EVC Technician will support the maintenance and functionality of EVgo's Charging Stations while assuring EVgo’s required safety, uptime, and quality. The role will require working with and support of EVgo Network Operations Center (NOC) technicians and third-party service personnel (Automakers & Contractors). As a Lead Field Service EVC Technician you are the primary decision maker pertaining to field activities within the assigned area. The incumbent reports to the Field Service Manager of Asset Management and it is critical to our business operations. Preferred locations in Northern California are Livermore, Hayward, Freemont, and Walnut Creek.
- Support and manage field service work for internal and external maintenance teams.
- Co-Develop maintenance method(s) and procedures for equipment maintenance, repairs & commissioning.
- Monitor key metrics and develop action plans for improvement in the field, planning, execution & reporting.
- Manage maintenance workflow queue and collaborate with the NOC team on issues and issue counts.
- Collaborate and support the NOC team to close out and own escalated issues.
- Stay up to date with the EVgo ENG team on all field equipment.
- Co-Develop, review, and maintain up-to-date field service training, repair, and commissioning manuals.
- Engage with third-party vendors on new EVSE designs, upgrades, and improvements.
- Deploys hardware and software improvements adhering to business requirements and technical standards.
- Participates in projects and installation tasks for accurate operational outcomes.
- Review third-party field service quality and uptime support.
- Conduct, review and/or validate equipment testing.
- Expedite operations that delay response or repair times; facilitate continuous improvements.
- The position requires the incumbent to be on call to support and assist in emergency situations.
- This field role involves regional travel over 50% of the time.
- Work may be in the field or in the office.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Current electrician or electrical repair experience of 3+ years.
- Electric Vehicle Charging Repair Experience 3+ years.
- Clean driving record for company vehicle usage.
- Great Computer Skills.
- Demonstrated time management; ability to meet operations goals under deadlines.
- Highly motivated and results-oriented.
- Strategic and critical thinking skills.
- Lifting and carrying equipment upwards of 65lbs.
Employees are required to provide documentation of COVID-19 vaccination.