- Gathers, details, and prioritizes product requirements, writes effective user stories, and defines acceptance criteria for all items in the backlog prior to product grooming and sprint planning meetings.
- Communicates product and, when necessary, technical requirements to UX, UI/design, product management, and development teams.
- Works in-depth with the Lead Devs and Dev team to ensure all product requests are possible and will be delivered on time; prioritizes requests based on effort from team
- Spearheads product vision, roadmap though epics, growth, and direction throughout the project weighing input from stakeholders and customer needs, while also aligning with the overall EVgo software roadmap
- Engages in daily interaction with project teams, including stand-ups, weekly product grooming meetings, sprint planning meetings, sprint reviews, demos, and retrospectives.
- Ensures and monitors that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics, and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategies
- Manages and documents changes to product and evaluates the effects of adding such changes
- Creates and updates product documentation and specs including technical aspects necessary for the Dev team
- Monitors team velocity and assesses how to increase and/or adjust depending on the product deadlines and requirements
- Leads product grooming meetings and sprint demos/retrospectives/planning
- Work with IT PM for additional products and team requirements and determines timelines and release priority
- Helps QA validate that user stories meet acceptance criteria
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
- Works toward continually improving the company’s software development methodologies.
- Communicates product progress and deliverables to stakeholders
- Inspires and motivates the QA and development teams to continuously improve team performance
- At least 3 years of previous experience as a Product Owner in an Agile software development environments
- BA/BS Preferred
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Business savvy with sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Attention to details