Director, Charging Infrastructure Legal, Contract Strategy & Business Affairs
EVgo (Nasdaq: EVGO) is the nation’s largest public fast charging network for electric vehicles, and the first to be powered by 100% renewable energy. With more than 800 fast charging locations, EVgo’s owned and operated charging network serves over 68 metropolitan areas across 35 states and more than 310,000 customer accounts. Founded in 2010, EVgo leads the way on transportation electrification, partnering with automakers; fleet and rideshare operators; retail hosts such as hotels, shopping centers, gas stations and parking lot operators; and other stakeholders to deploy advanced charging technology to expand network availability and make it easier for drivers across the U.S. to enjoy the benefits of driving an EV. As a charging technology first mover, EVgo works closely with business and government leaders to accelerate the ubiquitous adoption of EVs by providing a reliable and convenient charging experience close to where drivers live, work and play, whether for a daily commute or a commercial fleet.
EVgo is seeking to add a Director, Charging Infrastructure Contract Strategy & Business Affairs. [Reporting to the Chief Legal Officer (“CLO”),] this position will be responsible for leading and managing contracting and legal affairs associated with EVgo’s growing charging site development portfolio, strategic portfolio partnerships and related growth initiatives and innovations, including acting as a key business partner and liaison with the VP of Site Development and the Chief Operating Officer (“COO”) to meet and exceed company growth goals.
- Work closely with key operational executives including the Vice President, Site Development and the COO to develop, implement and critically evaluate and improve contracting processes and organizational change in order to facilitate the growth of EVgo’s charging portfolio.
- Prepare, review and negotiate site development agreements; structure and negotiate strategic portfolio partnership agreements.
- Critically evaluate, revise and improve form agreements and contracts to create efficiencies and prudently manage risk.
- Supervise implementation and management of contract management software and optimize its functionality to facilitate company growth.
- Lead initiatives to develop and implement training programs in relation to the contracting and contracting process for EVgo’s growing sales team.
- Work closely with other members of the legal team to facilitate large-scale strategic portfolio partnerships.
- Work with and advise the sales team to develop contractual proficiency and increase sales productivity
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience, preferably in a growth company environment focused on innovation.
- JD from a nationally recognized law school.
- Contract management experience; familiarity with Salesforce and Conga preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office Tools and legal software tools (databases, e-signature tools, etc.).
- Organized and experienced with executing competing demands in a high-volume, fast-paced working environment.
- Self-starter capable of working independently to analyze issues, collect information, solve problems, and able to act as an effective communicator.
- Demonstrated success working with cross-functional teams and senior executives on strategic projects
- Team player who can flourish with different stakeholders.
- Self-motivated and organized with a demonstrated ability to proactively manage and prioritize competing projects simultaneously.
- Intellectually curious, desire and ability to learn new content and concepts and be able to think creatively.
- Demonstrated success with business transformation and business strategy.
- Positive, enthusiastic, and passionate about sustainability and the need for change in the transportation industry.
Employees are required to provide documentation of COVID 19 vaccination.