Intern, Business Development
EVgo (Nasdaq: EVGO) is one of the nation’s largest public fast charging networks for electric vehicles, and the first to be powered by 100% renewable energy. Our mission is to expedite mass adoption of electric vehicles by creating a convenient, reliable, and affordable EV charging network that delivers fast charging to everyone. EVgo’s owned and operated charging network is growing rapidly, and we’re working to triple our network size by 2025. We partner with multiple stakeholders including automakers; fleet and rideshare operators; retail hosts such as grocery stores, shopping centers, gas stations, and more to make our vision of electric for all a reality. The EV industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the country. Join us as we charge forward into an electrified future.
Intern Position Summary:
EVgo is seeking a summer intern to help scale and define process within our growing fleets business. The ideal candidate will have an interest in working in clean technology and business operations. Success in this role will require the ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, meticulous organization skills and excellent communication. This role requires someone who is a self-starter and able to work across departments and stakeholder groups.
- Support the execution of the business development plan for EVgo fleet activities
- Assist with customer meetings and provide support with presentation materials
- Gather feedback from internals stakeholder to refine and improve business development Standard Operating Procedures
- Participate in developing new and innovative marketing strategies to improve lead generation
- Stay engaged and knowledgeable for current industry trends and developments
- Resourceful and creative in gathering data and seeking new business development opportunities
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Rising junior or senior undergraduate (or commensurate experience) preferably with an economics, business, or technical background
- Demonstrated interest in climate science, clean technology, electric vehicles, or the energy industry preferred
- Strong quantitative skills and able to conduct analyses and draw key insights
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to explain complex issues to a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where priorities and responsibilities can change
- Willingness to gain a strong understanding of the product offering
- Skilled at cross-functional collaboration with clients, peers, management, and other departments
Interns are required to provide documentation of COVID 19 vaccination.
For positions in California, Colorado, or New York City, you may contact us at JobPostingInquiry@evgo.com for the salary range for this position (include the exact Job Title as it reads above in your email). In addition to a competitive base salary, discretionary target cash bonus and restricted stock units (subject to Board approval), EVgo offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, unbounded paid time off, parental leave, and a 401(k) plan with a company match.