Lead Software Engineer
EVgo (Nasdaq: EVGO) is the nation’s largest public fast charging network for electric vehicles, and the first to be powered by 100% renewable energy. Our mission is to expedite mass adoption of electric vehicles by creating a convenient, reliable, and affordable EV charging network that delivers fast charging to everyone. EVgo’s owned and operated charging network is growing rapidly, and we’re working to triple our network size by 2025. We partner with multiple stakeholders including automakers; fleet and rideshare operators; retail hosts such as grocery stores, shopping centers, gas stations, and more to make our vision of electric for all a reality. The EV industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the country. Join us as we charge forward into an electrified future.
EVgo is seeking a talented Lead Software Engineer to develop web apps, client portals, internal business, and analytics platforms and integrate with new and existing applications. Work with a team of collaborative engineers using modern technologies like GraphQL.
Your role is essential to our continuous and expansive planned software initiatives. This is an opportunity to influence technology development decisions during our transition from outsourcing and to modernize operations expanding our market leadership and growth opportunities. Our ideal candidate is a proven Lead Software Engineer with hands-on development experience who can engage with stakeholders and help us build and strengthen our technology platform. Join EVgo as we accelerate the mass adoption of EVs Nationwide! Work from your home office anywhere in the Domestic US.
- Write well designed, testable, quality code following clean code principles
- Maintain quality and performance of software products with vigorous attention to detail, unit testing and technical documentation
- Participate in technical decision-making, design technical solutions and introduce engineering best practices
- Provide technical assistance, mentorship and guidance to team member.
- Work in an agile, startup environment where you wear multiple hats and impact change.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 6+ years' experience working as part of development engineering team.
- Demonstrated results building with GraphQL and/or REST APIs.
- Strong knowledge of cloud technologies such as AWS, GCP.
- Experienced at building enterprise-scale / performance testing applications.
- Proven experience working with DevOps (CI/CD, test automation).
- Self-motivated and problem-solving abilities, with attention to detail.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative, and agile environment.
Employees are required to provide documentation of COVID 19 vaccination.