PlugShare, a wholly owned subsidiary of EVgo, is home to the largest community of EV drivers in the world, with a community of over 3MM EV drivers who rely on us to plan their journeys and public charging stops. Every day, drivers add more station locations, constantly making the app more comprehensive and accurate. From within the app., users check-in when they charge, sharing tips, comments, reviews and photos of their charging experiences. Drivers, automakers, utilities, and the rest of the EV community rely on our comprehensive public charging dataset to power their navigation systems and guide their decision-making. We amplify the voice of the driver through PlugInsights, the world’s largest survey research panel of EV owners and leasers, and developed Pay with PlugShare (PWPS), a mobile payment platform enabling seamless and reliable payment for multiple charging networks through a single app. We also provide in-app and web advertising and digital marketing services to give brands and marketers access to the largest EV driver audience.
We are hiring a QA Engineer to add to the PlugShare QA team. This is an opportunity to join the exciting, growing world of electric vehicles and steer the direction of our QA process. The ideal candidate will not only have great QA instincts, but will also be ready to improve and build the processes and tooling deployed across our products.
- Identify test gaps across product functionality and make systemic improvements to test enumeration and automated testing.
- Develop and evolve test automation suite, tools, and services, specifically regarding backend automation.
- Collaborate with our engineering, product, and design teams to understand quality-related challenges and opportunities.
- Contribute to best practices, identifying and evangelizing improvements to improve our team output.
- Identify parts of the overall customer experience suboptimal (incl. but not limited to the product) and effectively prioritize and advocate for improving the customer experience.
- Communicate effectively across multiple teams/external vendors (Operations, Project Teams, Quality Service, etc.), as well as Developers, Scrum Masters, Project Managers, etc.
- Track and communicate the status of testing, bugs and features in Scrum teams.
- Shape the role of the Quality Engineering team at PlugShare through setting an example of excellence and influencing how we build out the team to scale.
- Work closely with off-shore QA team members and manage their tasks
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- 3+ years in test automation
- Quality first mindset regarding testing and continuous improvement
- Experience writing, executing, and monitoring automated test suites using various technologies such as CodeceptJS, Jmeter, Jest, ReadyAPI, or React testing libraries
- Ability to collaborate with other engineering teams and work cross-functional team members.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of RESTful APIs and GraphQL is a plus
- Experience with testing mobile applications is also a plus.
- Experienced with Agile Scrum methodologies
- Knowledge of Agile Sprint Management and Bug tracking solutions such as Jira
- Experience with API tools such as Swagger
- Proficiency in source revisions tools, preferably git (e.g. Bitbucket, GitHub)
- Previous experience working with distributed teams in different time zones.
- Strong understanding of concepts related to computer architecture, data structures, and programming practices
- Excellent organizational, qualitative, and analytical skills; ability to apply a creative approach to problem-solving
- Adaptable, a quick learner who multi-tasks while maintaining a creative mindset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
Employees are required to provide documentation of COVID 19 vaccination.