Proposal Manager, Fleets
EVgo (Nasdaq: EVGO) is the nation’s largest public fast charging network for electric vehicles, and the first to be powered by 100% renewable energy. With more than 800 fast charging locations, EVgo’s owned and operated charging network serves over 68 metropolitan areas across 35 states and more than 310,000 customer accounts. Founded in 2010, EVgo leads the way on transportation electrification, partnering with automakers; fleet and rideshare operators; retail hosts such as hotels, shopping centers, gas stations and parking lot operators; and other stakeholders to deploy advanced charging technology to expand network availability and make it easier for drivers across the U.S. to enjoy the benefits of driving an EV. As a charging technology first mover, EVgo works closely with business and government leaders to accelerate the ubiquitous adoption of EVs by providing a reliable and convenient charging experience close to where drivers live, work and play, whether for a daily commute or a commercial fleet.
The Fleets Proposal Manager will be responsible for researching, writing, and coordinating the process and management of proposals for B2B commercial responses to requests for information (RFIs), requests for qualifications (RFQs) and requests for proposals (RFPs). Other responsibilities may include developing sole source proposals and public funding grant applications. The Proposal Manager will work closely with the Business Development (BD) team to assess opportunities, facilitate questions/dialogue via 3rd Party procurement portals and project manage the response across relevant EVgo teams including BD, product, operations, marketing, public policy, legal and IT.
- Research and recommend funding opportunities to pursue.
- Draft and revise high-quality proposal applications and supporting documents.
- Coordinate with internal other EVgo team members drafting. proposals to ensure consistency in message and equitable distribution of responsibilities.
- Engage with external partners and follow-up on the progress of submitted proposals.
- Manage RFI, RFP, and/or RFQ submissions for commercial fleet clients.
- Develop and maintain a proposal calendar and tracking documents.
- Curate and Manage an RFI/RFP Repository and associated records.
- Work with other departments within EVgo and outside contractors to deliver high-quality applications.
- Stay engaged and knowledgeable for current performance and developments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate experience, major in Communications, Marketing, Finance, Business, or Liberal Arts preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in B2B proposal writing, research and/or grant writing.
- Highly organized and able to track multiple projects at once.
- Demonstrated ability to write successful grant proposals.
- Detail-oriented, organized, deadline-driven.
- Clear, precise, and compelling writing skills.
- High proficiency in all areas of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Technical understanding of complex solutions including hardware, software and services.
- Experience writing proposals in the EV infrastructure, energy and/or utilities industry a bonus.
- Exceptional team player who can flourish working in a collegial environment as well as being a self-motivated individual contributor.
- Intellectually curious, desire and ability to learn new content and concepts and be able to think creatively.
- Must possess strong planning, interpersonal, decision making, problem-solving, and financial skills.
- Previous experience with Salesforce or other CRM, grant and proposal databases, and notification services preferred.
Employees are required to provide documentation of COVID 19 vaccination.