EVSE System Engineer
- Development of DC and AC charging systems including, networking and communication, UI interface, improving reliability, safety, and performance.
- Collaborate extensively within both the hardware engineering team including test, debug, and documentation of new software and hardware. Also work cross-functionally work with field operations, business, marketing, IT, and policy groups.
- Track and communicate project progress using Jira, SharePoint, and similar tools.
- Contribute to enhancing QA processes and procedures for software.
- Support auxiliary system development such as payment systems, kiosks, parking system management, and site security systems.
- Develop software tools for to help the hardware team in automating analysis of engineering data.
- Work with external parties developing Windows and/or embedded Linux applications for charging stations
- Partnering cross-functionally with the software product management team on developing the operating platform and integrating the charging system and energy management solutions.
- Develop and manage suppliers including equipment development, qualification testing, field testing, and complete system implementation.
- Support continuous maintenance cost reductions through streamlined hardware product vision and analysis of existing network operational data.
- Bachelor’s degree related to electrical engineering or computer science
- At least 3 years of Systems Engineering experience in automotive, aerospace, or similar technology environment.
- Knowledge of EV protocols such as CCS, CHAdeMO, OCPP, OCPI.
- Expertise in high voltage systems and system integration testing
- Experience with Wireshark and protocols including CAN, Ethernet, Modbus TCP/IP, and Serial.
- Knowledge of Linux, including shell scripting.
- Strong knowledge of Python, including ways to perform analysis and display of scientific data.
- Capability to use English language skills effectively on a on a cross-functional team
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, establish priorities, and proceed with objectives under limited supervision.
- Availability for occasional travel in the United States
- Development experience with MediaTek SoCs, TI AM3358, or similar embedded Linux environment.
- Understanding of Windows application development with an emphasis on embedded/kiosk systems.
- Experience with PKI infrastructure, SSL certificates, including developing a private Root CA.
- Cloud computing experience with AWS and/or Google cloud.
- Experience with OCPP and/or OCPI protocols; ISO 15118, and/or DIN 70121
- Experience with EV-EVSE protocols such as SAE J1772, DIN70121, ISO15118, and CHAdeMO
- Fluent in English and able to speak, read, and write in either Korean or Chinese a plus.