Project Manager (Southern California)
EVgo (Nasdaq: EVGO) is one of the largest public fast charging networks for electric vehicles and the first to be powered by 100% renewable energy. Our mission is to expedite mass adoption of electric vehicles by creating a convenient, reliable, and affordable EV charging network that delivers fast charging to everyone. EVgo’s owned and operated charging network is growing rapidly, and we’re working to triple our network size by 2025. We partner with multiple stakeholders including automakers; fleet and rideshare operators; retail hosts such as grocery stores, shopping centers, gas stations, and more to make our vision of electric for all a reality. The EV industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the country. Join us as we charge forward into an electrified future.
EVgo's Project Managers are responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the construction of EVgo DC fast charging projects. As Project Manager will oversee EV Charging Installations from early-stage development through construction to hand-off to commissioning. The ideal candidate thrives when working in roles with a great degree of autonomy and n a high-growth start-up environment. Demonstrating great attention to detail for our processes, you will manage a pipeline of projects to completion in a deadline environment. This position will manage locations in Southern California where the incumbent must reside.
- Manage safety initiatives and delivery charger EV charger construction with visible corporate goals.
- Lead all permitting, coordination, and construction of EV infrastructure deployment in parking lots and garages.
- Provide local-level oversight of contractors and vendors.
- Manage stakeholder relationships for all projects relative to project execution and construction contract management.
- Ownership of accurate forecasting (schedule, budget, risks, claims, EH&S, quality, etc.) and implementation of corrective measures if necessary.
- Execute project management procedures with integrity and accuracy.
- Manage and optimize pre and post-production project budgets and manage risk.
- Provide accurate and timely reports to the leadership team and external partners on project pipelines.
- Administer contracts with 3rd party vendors and subcontractors.
- Work with EVgo's procurement group to remain compliant with EVgo procedures and the timely processing of change orders and approval of invoices.
- Adapt to a changing business model and learn to contribute across the organization.
- Available for regional (2 days per week) and regional (1 day per week) travel.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of Project Management or Construction Management experience with hands-on field management.
- PMP (Project Management Certification) is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Extensive experience in scheduling construction at multiple sites at once and managing subcontractors and other vendors.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Product
- Proficiency with Salesforce, Sitetracker, or equivalent software is a plus
- Leadership ability in a high-performance culture with the ability to build consensus, establish trust, and communicate effectively.
Employees are required to provide documentation of COVID-19 vaccination.
For job positions in CA, CO, and NYC, the estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is $92,000 USD to $131,000 USD. Actual salary may vary depending on job-related factors, which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition to a competitive base salary, discretionary target cash bonus, and restricted stock units (subject to Board Approval). EVgo offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, life, and disability insurance, unbounded paid time off including parental leave, and a 401(k) plan.