EVgo (Nasdaq: EVGO) is one the largest public fast charging networks for electric vehicles, and the first to be powered by 100% renewable energy. Our mission is to expedite mass adoption of electric vehicles by creating a convenient, reliable, and affordable EV charging network that delivers fast charging to everyone. EVgo’s owned and operated charging network is growing rapidly, and we’re working to triple our network size by 2025. We partner with multiple stakeholders including automakers; fleet and rideshare operators; retail hosts such as grocery stores, shopping centers, gas stations, and more to make our vision of electric for all a reality. The EV industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the country. Join us as we charge forward into an electrified future.
EVgo is seeking to add a Director, Legal. This position will be responsible for leading and managing contracting and other legal affairs associated with EVgo’s growing charging site and technology development portfolio, strategic partnerships and related growth initiatives and innovations, including acting as a key business partner and liaison with the EVgo’s business and operations teams to meet and exceed company growth goals.
- Work closely with key operational and business teams to develop, implement and critically evaluate and improve contracting processes and organizational change in order facilitate the growth of EVgo’s charging portfolio and other business lines.
- As a primary responsibility, prepare, review and negotiate site development agreements; structure and negotiate strategic portfolio partnership agreements.
- Prepare, review and negotiate other agreements as assigned, including agreements related to software, construction, operations and maintenance, and sales.
- Advise and research from time to time on regulatory matters, including privacy, data, intellectual property.
- Assist, as needed, with SEC filings and corporate governance matters, human resources issues and litigation.
- Critically evaluate, revise and improve form agreements and processes to create efficiencies and prudently manage risk.
- Collaborate in implementation and management of contract management software and optimize its functionality to facilitate company growth.
- Lead initiatives to develop and implement training programs in relation to contracting and contracting process for EVgo’s growing sales team to increase sales productivity.
- Be a key innovation partner to the CLO and work closely with other members of the legal team to facilitate large scale strategic portfolio partnerships.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience, preferably in a growth company environment focused on innovation.
- JD from a nationally recognized law school.
- Contract management experience; familiarity with Salesforce and Conga preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office Tools and legal software tools (databases, e-signature tools, etc.).
- Organized and experienced with executing competing demands in a high-volume, fast-paced working environment.
- Self-starter capable of working independently to analyze issues, collect information, solve problems and able to act as an effective communicator.
- Demonstrated success working with cross-functional teams and senior executives on strategic projects.
- Team player who can flourish and build confidence with multiple stakeholders across the business.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively manage and prioritize competing projects simultaneously/high volume of demands and direct reports.
- Intellectually curious, desire and ability to learn new content and concepts and be able to think creatively.
- Demonstrated success with business transformation and business strategy.
- Positive, enthusiastic and passionate about sustainability and the need for change in the transportation industry.
Employees are required to provide documentation of COVID 19 vaccination.
For positions in California, Colorado, or New York City, you may contact us at JobPostingInquiry@evgo.com for the salary range for this position (include the exact Job Title as it reads above in your email). In addition to a competitive base salary, discretionary target cash bonus and restricted stock units (subject to Board approval), EVgo offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, unbounded paid time off, parental leave, and a 401(k) plan with a company match.