Associate - Business Development
EVgo (Nasdaq: EVGO) is one of the largest public fast charging networks for electric vehicles, and the first to be powered by 100% renewable energy. Our mission is to expedite mass adoption of electric vehicles by creating a convenient, reliable, and affordable EV charging network that delivers fast charging to everyone. EVgo’s owned and operated charging network is growing rapidly, and we’re working to triple our network size by 2025. We partner with multiple stakeholders including automakers; fleet and rideshare operators; retail hosts such as grocery stores, shopping centers, gas stations, and more to make our vision of electric for all a reality. The EV industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the country. Join us as we charge forward into an electrified future.
EVgo’s Fleet Team is hiring an entrepreneurial Business Development (BD) Associate to help scale strategic partnerships with a diversity of fleet companies such as rideshare, autonomous, delivery, car rental companies.
As notable industry leaders commit to 100% electrification by 2030, EVgo is working to support increased fleet charging demand on our public network through product innovation, pricing strategy, and strategic partnerships. In addition, EVgo is expanding its depot and dedicated hub work with light duty fleets.
You will support BD effort through lead identification and developing new partnership leads. You will source and qualify engagements with a variety of fleets to build a pipeline of potential BD fleet customers. As a Business Development Associate, you will support ongoing projects with established accounts. Using a data-driven approach, you will analyze market trends and industry positioning. This role is customer facing, working cross-functionally with EVgo’s operations, analytics, marketing, and software teams to iterate on the product and tailor the offering to customer needs.
- Identify and engage prospective partnerships and customers through inbound and outbound approaches.
- Apply strategic analytics and lead discovery calls to qualify all leads.
- Embrace CRM system and establish additional processes and tools to manage the sales pipeline, and measure and report on key KPIs.
- Prior prospecting and sales experience or managing a book of business successfully.
- Develop tailored account plans, documenting business background, mapping key buyers and orienting communications to these buyer groups to meet business objectives.
- Gain strong technical understanding of product, and collaborate with EVgo’s internal hardware, software, and operation teams to strategically to tailor project-specific offerings for customers.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2-6 years experience in business development, project management and sales roles; Entrepreneurial business development backgrounds preferred
- Demonstrated interest and expertise in the climate, sustainability, clean energy industry; EV experience preferred
- Skilled at analyzing data and making sound observations and recommendations
- Ability to gain strong technical understanding of the product.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to manage proposals in response to RFP from valued commercial customers.
- High productivity operating and can work independently
- Skilled at cross-functional collaboration with clients, peers, management, and other departments
- Excellent at developing and delivering presentations
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
Employees are required to provide documentation of COVID 19 vaccination.