Intern, Systems Engineering
EVgo (Nasdaq: EVGO) is one of the nation’s largest public fast charging networks for electric vehicles, and the first to be powered by 100% renewable energy. Our mission is to expedite mass adoption of electric vehicles by creating a convenient, reliable, and affordable EV charging network that delivers fast charging to everyone. EVgo’s owned and operated charging network is growing rapidly, and we’re working to triple our network size by 2025. We partner with multiple stakeholders including automakers; fleet and rideshare operators; retail hosts such as grocery stores, shopping centers, gas stations, and more to make our vision of electric for all a reality. The EV industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the country. Join us as we charge forward into an electrified future.
Intern Position Summary:
EVgo is looking for a systems engineering intern for the 2023 summer internship season to help us expand our automated testing infrastructure for our electric vehicle infrastructure. The intern will spend one third to one half of their time running existing test processes for our Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE), ensuring the safety and efficacy of new and updated chargers. The remainder of the intern’s time will be spent developing the tools and techniques to expedite and automate the testing. The ideal candidate will have some exposure to both software and hardware from coursework or past projects and will have the chance to see several different technical roles while working with the team. The candidate should be passionate about electric vehicles and their infrastructure and looking to get a deeper look into the overall industry.
This role works directly with our chargers so the candidate must be able to work out our innovation lab in El Segundo, California for the duration of the internship.
- Carry out safety and functional testing, based on industry standards, for EVgo’s
- Document and communicate test results, and perform root cause analysis alongside senior engineers for any identified issues
- Develop electrical schematics, prototypes, and PCBs, for hardware to allow for the automation of testing procedures for EVSEs and their sub-components
- Develop software for a BeagleBone,Raspberry Pi, or equivalent embedded PC, to interface with the developed hardware, executing and recording all test results
- Read and interpret automotive standards, such as SAE J1772, to establish traceability between test requirements, test steps, and results
- Track and communicate project progress using Jira, SharePoint, and other tools
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Candidate for a BS degree in electrical engineering, computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent
- Introductory coursework or project experience with electronics including opamps and mosfets. Power supply experience a plus
- Past project experience with Beaglebone, Raspberry Pi, or Arduino a plus
- Experience with electrical CAD tools such as orcad, Altium, or KiCad a plus
- Past programming experience in a classroom environment or personal projects, in python a plus
- Experience with benchtop power supplies and oscilloscopes
- Must be able to work out of the EVgo innovation Lab in El Segundo CA
Interns are required to provide documentation of COVID 19 vaccination.
For positions in California, Colorado, or New York City, you may contact us at JobPostingInquiry@evgo.com for the salary range for this position (include the exact Job Title as it reads above in your email). In addition to a competitive base salary, discretionary target cash bonus and restricted stock units (subject to Board approval), EVgo offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, unbounded paid time off, parental leave, and a 401(k) plan with a company match.